Wednesday 3 October 2012

A day in Paris

Hey everyone!

So as you all know, I made it to Paris, but I was unable to load my pictures. Here are only a handful of the pictures I took while in Paris. First off, thanks again to Yacin for welcoming Sean and I into the country. I don't know what we would have done without him. Here he is in the car waiting for us to grab some tourist photos. He showed us most of Paris in under a day. I was so tired and jet lagged that every time we hopped back in the car I would fall asleep. Thanks again Yacin, we had a great time!


The traffic in France was a crazy experience for me. I'm glad we had a local driving us around, because although there are traffic laws in France, people generally ignore them. Those lines on the road don't seem to mean anything especially for people on motorcycles and scooters. It was hard to capture the ridiculousness of the traffic, but here is what I got. Yacin's "chill" expression while a scooter zoomed around him going into oncoming traffic, then squeezing in between another car and the median. Apparently this is normal and after a couple days here, I see it all the time.

The roundabout that goes around the arc de triomphe is another example of crazy traffic. This roundabount is about 10 lanes wide and doesn't have any lane markings. But as I learned from earlier in the day, no one would use them anyway.
Arc de triomphe
Next is the Notre Dame de Paris. We didn't get a chance to get out of the car and say hi to the hunchback. Maybe I can stop in the next time I'm in Paris.
Next we went to the Luxembourg gardens. I got a nice picture with the sun shining on the building and a storm cloud behind. It started raining on us a few minutes after I took this picture.

Here is the bridge with all the locks on it. Couples get their names engraved on the lock and them lock it to the railing on the bridge. You can see a lot from here, but they go all the way across the bridge. I have holidays at the end of October and will be visiting this bridge with Kirsten to put a lock on the bridge with our names on it. :)

Next the classic pictures in front of the Eiffel Tour.


 
Here I am trying to push over the 3,300 year old Egyptian obelisk called the Luxor Obelisk. Because I am so jet lagged, I cannot make it move an inch!


And the last picture that we got during our day of sight seeing in Paris is of the Louvre at night. Yacin took this beautiful picture while we were driving through the courtyard at night.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are gonna have fun in one of the coolest cities on earth.

    ReplyDelete