Saturday 29 September 2012

Arrivée en France!

Bonjour tout le monde!

After 1 month of travelling I have finally made it to my final destination. Château-Thierry, Picardy, France! I am getting so used to speaking in French that it hurts my brain a little bit to write this blog in English. Never thought that would happen!

I arrived in Paris yesterday morning and it already feels so long ago. I am getting settled in the town where I will be teaching for the year. I have met my co-workers who will be the language assistants for German and Spanish. Nicole and Vincent. Here they are sitting in the local Mcdonalds. It's the only place that we have internet access for now. Hopefully we can use the school's wifi once we get everything set up.


This is a picture of the view from my room. I'm living in a dorm for the language assistants that is provided by the school. It happens to be on the top floor of the school. They tried to sell it to me by saying it's on the 4th floor with a beautiful view, but their's a basement which means we have to go up 5 flights of stairs! Gonna get my exercise. But to be fair, it is truly a beautiful view!

When we arrived in Paris, we were welcomed by a friend of Kirsten's sister. His name is Yacin and he taught French in North Dakota a year ago. He is such a nice guy and we couldn't have asked for a better introduction to France. He welcomed us into his home and his city. After we got of the plane, all tired and jet lagged, we went on a tour of Paris. We saw almost all of the monuments and historic sites in under 8 hours. Here are some of the best pictures from the day.

Having trouble with the internet. But one of the pictures was supposed to be a bridge for lovers. I don't know the name, but you put a lock with your names on it. There are soooo many locks. Soon there will be one with Kirsten + Stephen. That's all for now as we have to catch the bus. I'll try and get back to mcdonalds soon to show you all the pictures.

Bye for now, hope to talk to you guys soon!




1 comment:

  1. Oh!! You're view is beautiful! Those houses are so cute and quaint! And the hills in the background are lovely! I would take a room the size a broomcloset for that view for sure! :)

    Lisa.

    ReplyDelete